For the third BS4ICTRSRCH event we once again partnered with the UrbanIxD project with the intention of producing a book with the title “Urban Interaction Design: Emerging Trends”. Martin Brynskov, Ph.D. Associate professor of interaction technologies at Aarhus University put together the team of participants:
- Martijn de Waal, Assistent professor in media studies at the University of Amsterdam, and co-founder of TheMobileCity.nl
- Ingrid Mulder, Ph.D. Research professor at Creating010, Rotterdam and Associate professor of design techniques at Delft University of Technology
- Manuel Fernandez, Founder Human Scale City
- Juan Carlos Carvajal Bermúdez, Architect, M.Sc.
- Lea Rekow, Director of Green My Favela, Rio de Janeiro
- Katarzyna Piskorek, Ph.D. Wroclaw University of Technology (Dept. of Spatial Planning)
- Henrik Korsgaard, Ph.D. Fellow Computer Science, Aarhus University
By Sunday evening everyone had arrived in the hamlet of Neuhausen, halfway between Hamburg and Berlin. After settling into the rooms at the renovated guest house of Schloss Neuhausen, a walk to stretch our legs was the first thing on the todo list.
The evening was meant for the group to meet Ingi Helgason and Michael Smyth, key members of the UrbanIxD project and both coordinators at the Edinburgh Napier University.
Now that the team had met face-to-face, many for the first time, the book sprint could start in all earnest.